|Lou Walker Senior Center
Welcome to the Lou Walker Senior Center Website. The Lou Walker Senior Center was created for active older adults that are 55+ that reside in DeKalb County, GA. View our 2013 Spring Schedule.
- To create a “senior friendly" Community where seniors are valued and respected.
- All sectors of the community come together to meet the needs of seniors.
- Seniors have the opportunity to serve and be served.
- Seniors live health lifestyles with a focus on prevention.
- The community has easy access to information and services.
- Seniors have access to efficient, coordinated and comprehensive services that enhance their quality of life.
The mission of the Lou Walker Senior Center is to maximize independence and enhance the quality of life for the growing number of seniors in the community through serving as a focal point for information and services. To work together to deliver a “world class” program of services with emphasis on integrity, fairness, open communication and accessibility.
Statement of Values
In working to accomplish our mission, we value:
- An inclusionary approach involving the whole community
- A team approach to preventing problems
- Well-trained employees committed to excellence
- A responsive and responsible service delivery system
- Our cultural diversity
- Positive change, innovation, creativity, mutual trust and respect
Older Americans Act of 1965
Throughout all the amendments to the Act, the main tenet of the Older Americans Act has remained basically the same; which is to foster maximum independence by providing a wide array of community based services and protections to those older persons with the greatest economic and social needs.
• What I Learned In Paris (September 27, 2012)