"Welcome to DeKalb County Purchasing and Contracting. We are making great strides to improve service to our customers. There is a plethora of electronic information related to the purchasing and contracting world. Our objective is to transform that available information into our operational reality; and to make procurement faster, smarter...better!"
The National Purchasing Institute has honored DeKalb County with its 5th “Achievement of Excellence in Procurement” award. DeKalb County faithfully adheres to the highest purchasing standards, including those developed by the National Purchasing Institute, the Institute of Supply Management, and the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing.
This prestigious award recognizes DeKalb County for their innovation, professionalism, productivity, e-procurement advances, and organizational excellence in public procurement. The National Purchasing Institute designed this annual award program in 1995 and is comprised of professional purchasing personnel from across the country dedicated to the development of efficient purchasing methods and practices in the areas of governmental, educational, and institutional procurement.
The Purchasing & Contracting Department is the primary agency for the procurement of goods and services for DeKalb County Government. The department procures a variety of materials, supplies, equipment and services which are necessary for other County departments to provide service to the citizens of DeKalb County.
The Purchasing & Contracting Department is committed to obtaining the best value product and service for each tax dollar spent, and to providing the necessary service to assist other County departments in their day-to-day operations and service to the citizens of DeKalb County.
- Conduct all business with the highest degree of integrity and maintain highest ethical standards.
- Treat all vendors fairly and courteously in a business like manner without partiality, but firm as necessary.
- To provide fair and equal treatment for all persons involved in the procurement process.
- To obtain goods and services as needed by the County departments in an expedient manner.
- To allow all vendors to participate in the procurement process of DeKalb County.