DeKalb County’s Disconnection Moratorium will be lifted July 1, 2021.
The County issued this moratorium in 2016 to address metering and billing issues. CEO Michael Thurmond launched the New Day Project in January 2017 to address systemic deficits in leadership, management, and oversight. Key accomplishments include:
- Monthly disputes have been reduced from over 4,000 to less than 200 (<0.1%).
- Over 82,000 meters have been replaced, including 100% of the pre-2014 iPerl meters.
- Over 134,000 meters, or 70% of all customers, now have transmitters for electronic usage reporting, including hourly consumption.
- Additional staff have been hired and customized training programs have been implemented throughout customer service and field services.
- The detail of these accomplishments may be reviewed at HERE.
If you currently have a past due balance and/or experiencing financial hardships related to COVID-19, we want to work with you during these unprecedented times by setting up payment arrangements. To set up an installment plan please complete the webform HERE. For COVID related hardship please complete the webform HERE.
If you would like to discuss your account in detail, please feel free to contact our Customer Service Team at 404-378-4475, Monday - Friday between the hours of 7am to 7pm.