Beautification projects are aimed at helping county residents dramatically improve their neighborhoods’ aesthetics. Well-maintained and clean communities discourage littering and illegal dumping. Clean communities also contribute to the overall health and well-being of county residents, sustainability of the environment, increased property values and attracting new businesses to the neighborhood. As a certified member of the Keep Georgia Beautiful Foundation and as a Keep America Beautiful Inc. affiliate, KDB has a sustained focus on improving the sustainability, look, vitality and economic integrity of DeKalb communities. This can be achieved by beautifying surrounding areas through activities such as community cleanups, and beautification projects such as planting trees and landscaping projects completed by volunteer groups.
A critical component of KDB’s beautification program is the barriers to beauty initiative, whereby KDB provides concrete barriers, paint and brushes for community groups to decorate barriers. These barriers are subsequently used to block off illegal dumping locations and abatement properties.
Some of our past beautification projects, workshops and events include the following partnerships:
• Berean Christian Church
• Tucker Recreation Center
• DeKalb County Safety Day
• Montessori at Emory School
• Heart of South DeKalb Festival
• Lucious Sanders Recreation Center
• Greater Towers Spring Community Festival
• Juvenile Court - Memorial Drive at Kensington
Ways to beautify your neighborhood
• Install public art
• Plant flowers and trees
• Remove graffiti vandalism
• Start a community garden
• Organize neighborhood cleanups
• Report blight to the DeKalb County Code Enforcement Department
How KDB can help with your beautification project
• Provide information and access to tree and plant specialists
• Provide tools and information to respond to graffiti vandalism
• Provide publicity and acknowledgment for your group's efforts
• Complimentary landscaping project materials - compost and mulch (subject to availability)
Please contact us at 404.294.2010 or click here should you wish to volunteer or need assistance with a beautification project in your neighborhood.