As the President of National Association of Counties (NACo) and DeKalb County, District 3 Commissioner, Commissioner Larry Johnson on Monday, May 16, will join leaders from the nation’s leading city, county and state organizations will kick off Infrastructure Week (May 16-20) by sharing how game-changing federal investments in infrastructure are benefiting communities across the country.
Six months after the passage of the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA), also known as the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, officials at the state and local level are celebrating this historic investment and sharing the local perspective on infrastructure funding.
IIJA includes $1.2 trillion — $550 billion newly appropriated — worth of investments to help rebuild and strengthen the infrastructure that keeps Americans and our economy moving.
“This is a historic moment! America’s counties annually invest over $130 billion in the construction, operation and maintenance of infrastructure and public works”, said Commissioner Larry Johnson. “Together we can maintain excellent public infrastructure that is safe, efficient, accessible and inclusive of all residents.”
Local leaders know the needs of our communities and are ready to invest in infrastructure that makes a difference at home. During the press call, leaders from the National Association of Counties (NACo), National League of Cities (NLC), United States Conference of Mayors (USCM), National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL), and the International City/County Management Association (ICMA) will share how federal infrastructure dollars are directly benefiting the people they represent.
There will be brief remarks provided by the following:
• National Association of Counties (NACo) President Larry Johnson; Commissioner, DeKalb County, Georgia.
• National League of Cities (NLC) President Vince Williams; Mayor of Union City, Georgia.
• United States Conference of Mayors (USCM) Infrastructure Law Implementation Task Force Co-Chair Mayor LaToya Cantrell; New Orleans, Louisiana.
• National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL) President Scott Saiki; Speaker of the Hawaii House of Representatives.
• International City/County Management Association (ICMA) President Troy Brown; City Manager, Moorpark, California.
For more information, contact Commissioner Larry Johnson’s office at 404-371-2425 or visit www.commissionerlarryjohnson.com