DeKalb County Poll Officials, once selected, are required to attend a minimum of three - four hour training on policy, procedures and election equipment. Poll Officials must work together the day before the election to set up the polling precinct and prepare for Election Day. On Election Day, every Poll Official must arrive at their assigned polling location at 5:30 a.m. and will work until the poll officially closes. Poll Officials are paid for their services on Election Day.
A Poll Official must be:
- An upright citizen of the United States
- A resident of or employed by DeKalb County *
- 16 years of age or older
- Able to read, write, speak and understand the English language
- Not be a candidate for office or a relative of a candidate for office in the assigned poll
- Not hold a public office
- Able to meet the performance and training requirements as outlined by the Voter Registration and Elections Director.
* O.C.G.A. § 21-2-92(a)(2) allows interested poll officials from counties adjoining DeKalb (Clayton, Fulton, Henry, Gwinnett, and Rockdale) to serve as a DeKalb County Poll Official. Interested individuals must receive the approval of the adjoining county by completing the Poll Official Employment Waiver with a DeKalb County Poll Official Employment Application.
The Precinct Manager serves as the Subject Matter Expert on Election Policies and Procedures for their selected precinct. Their fundamental duty is to ensure that their precinct is in compliance with the rules and regulations as prescribed in the Official Code of Georgia Annotated Manual and the DeKalb County Election Procedures.
The Assistant Manager serves as the immediate back-up of the Precinct Manager. The Assistant Manager also serves as the Subject Matter Expert on Election Policies and Procedures for their selected precinct. Their fundamental duty is to ensure that their precinct is in compliance with the rules and regulations as prescribed in the Official Code of Georgia Annotated Manual and the DeKalb County Election Procedures.
The Check-In Clerk serves as the responsible party who searches the precinct listing of registered voters to ensure voters are eligible to cast their ballot on the ICX-BMD (Image Cast X Ballot Marking Device).
ADMIN / MONITOR CLERK
The Administrative/Monitor Clerk serves as the responsible party who ensures all eligible voters has returned their Voter Card prior to casting their ballot in the ICP (scanner) Unit and issuing every voter an “I VOTED” sticker.
Poll official positions are filled on an as-needed basis from the potential poll official list that is maintained by the Elections Office. To have your name added to the list, complete the online poll official application here or you may wish to print and return an application:
|MAIL:||Voter Registration & Elections
4380 Memorial Dr, Suite 300
Decatur, GA 30032-1239