- Community Development
- Central Senior Center
- Lou Walker Senior Center
- Community Development Block Grant Recovery Program (CDBG-R)
- Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER)
- Consolidated Plans
- DeKalb County Continuum of Care
- DeKalb First-Time Homebuyers Down Payment Assistance Program
- DeKalb Regional Land Bank
- DeKalb Sustainable Neighborhood Initiative (DSNI)
- Grant Application
- Homeless Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program (HPRP)
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP)
- Other Information
- Public Notices
The Community Development Department works primarily with funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development to help develop viable urban communities, principally benefiting low to moderate income persons. Community Development provides the resources for decent and affordable housing; improvement and expansion of community facilities and infrastructure; and creation of new job opportunities.
Effective January 19, 2009, the county started accepting applications for a short period of time for the county's Housing Rehab Forgivable/Deferred Payment Loan Program, administered in conjunction with the DeKalb Housing Authority. All interested applicants should apply immediately.
In accordance with the Title III Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008 and the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has allocated funding to DeKalb County through the following programs:
- Community Development Block Grant Recovery Program (CDBG-R) - $1,543,400. This funding is used to stimulate the economy through measures that modernize the local infrastructure and improve energy efficiency. Funding also assists with hard development costs associated with infrastructure improvements and activities that stimulate job creation and long-term economic benefit.
- Homeless Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program (HPRP) - $2,359,998. This funding is used to either prevent individuals and families from becoming homeless or to help those experiencing homelessness to be quickly re-housed and stabilized.
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP1) - $18,545,013. This funding is used in the areas of greatest need in DeKalb County to help stabilize neighborhoods impacted by the foreclosure/mortgage crisis.
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP3) - $5,233,105. This funding is used in the areas of Hidden Hills Neighborhood in DeKalb County to help stabilize neighborhoods impacted by the foreclosure/mortgage crisis.
Citizens and interested parties are encouraged to visit this site for continued updates to these programs.
Download this pdf for information on the DeKalb County First Time Homebuyer Program.