DeKalb County Department of Watershed Management provides its customers with high quality, safe drinking water.
Indoor Water Conservation Tips
DeKalb County Department of Watershed Management encourages all residents to be mindful of their water usage. Below are some helpful tips on how to conserve water:
1. How can I save water in the bathroom?
2. How can I save water in the kitchen and other places?
3. How do I check for leaks?
Outdoor Water Conservation Tips
1. When is the best time to water?
Water early in the morning or late evening, never in the heat of the day or on a windy day (when most of the water will evaporate). Inexpensive timers can also be installed on outdoor faucets to control the period of irrigation and to prevent using water unnecessarily.
2. How often and how much should we water?
Shrubs and Trees:
3. What else can I do
4. What about washing the car?