Event Calendar

County Departments

DeKalb County General Information:  311 is DeKalb County's phone number for government information and non-public-safety-related emergency services.  311 is available to DeKalb County residents, business owners and visitors - making all DeKalb County resources are just a phone call away.

email address:  311CCC@dekalbcountyga.gov

Phone Numbers:  (404) 371-2000 or (404) 294-2000 or (404) 294-2311

Chief Executive Officer (CEO): Contact information, governmental structure, appointment requests, CEO biography, revenue enhancement, press releases, CEO speeches

Board of Commissioners: Contact information, vision and mission statement, statement of values, Board of Commissioners (history, responsibilities, organizational chart and detailed district map)

Clerk of Superior Court: Appeals, child support, divorce decree, divorce filing, legitimation, notary, real estate, temporary protective order

Family and Children Services:  (404) 370-5000 (main office)


Human Resources:

Job Opportunities

Juvenile Court:  *Any child under 16 years*, guardianship, juvenile traffic citations, missing child, Juvenile Court procedures

Magistrate Court:  Arrest warrant, deposit account fraud (bad checks), pretrial services, rent eviction, child abandonment, small claims (less than $15,000), weddings, bonds

Planning and Sustainability:  Permit Forms, Land Development, Sketch Plat Review, Standard Codes AMD, Permit Fees, Code Compliance, and Zoning.  For more information you can email Planning & Sustainability or call:
    Code Compliance - (404) 687-3700
    Planning Services - (404) 371-2155
    Permits - (404) 371-4915

Police Services: (Emergency Services - please dial 911):  Accidents; Stolen Automobile; Missing Person; Stolen items - (678) 406-7929

Animal Services and Enforcement - (404) 294-2996

Probate Court:  Adult/minor guardianship, marriage license, pistol license, Probate Court schedule of costs and fees

Probation:  Child support payments, community service, probation payments

Property Appraisal:  Property assessment

Public Defender:  Request representation eligibility, directions.  For more information please call (404) 371-2222.

Public Library:  For more information please call (404) 370-8450

Public Works
Public Works Divisions:
    Fleet Maintenance
    Roads and Drainage or call (404) 297-3840
        Road maintenance, Flood Information, Roadway Signs, Drainage
    Stormwater Utility
        Storm Water Utility fees, Storm Water Administration
    Sanitation or call (404) 294-2900
        Bulk collection, landfill information, residential collections, recycle
    Transportation or call (770) 492-5200
        Traffic Lights, side walk installation, street lights information

Recorders Court:  Suspended license, court date, appeals, tickets

Solicitor-General:  Domestic violence class, truancy, temporary protective order

Senior Affairs:  Human Services / Senior Services.  For more information please call (770) 322-2950

State Court:  Criminal case, misdemeanor, rent and eviction, garnishment, civil suit (greater than $15,000), abandoned motor vehicle, Marshal’s Dept (service of lawsuits, evictions, civil papers, public safety)

Superior Court:  Appeals for Superior Court, Family Law Information Center, seminar for divorcing parents, Superior Court filing fees, jury duty

Tax Commissioner:  Property tax, vehicle registration, homestead exemption

Vital Records

Voter Registration & Elections:  For more information please call
(404) 298-4020

Water/Sewer Billing:  Account adjustment, billing inquiry, estimated bill -(404) 378-4475

Water/Sewer Pay by Phone:  (404) 371-6294  (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)

Watershed Management:  General questions, sewer spill/odor