DECATUR, Ga.— Residents are urged to continue boiling water while DeKalb County crews assess damage to a 48-inch water main break near Buford Highway.
In an abundance of caution for our citizens and to protect the public from any potential health hazards, residents in the affected area are being asked to boil water for at least one minute after water comes to a rolling boil prior to drinking, cooking or preparing baby food.
Residents are advised to conserve water.
Due to the water main break:
- Senior centers will close at noon.
- DeKalb County Recreation, Parks and Cultural Affairs recreation centers will be closed for afterschool programs today. Exchange Recreation Center will be closing at noon.
- The Board of Commissioners has cancelled the following meetings scheduled for today:
- Committee of the Whole
- Finance, Audit and Budget Committee
- Public Works and Infrastructure Committee
- DeKalb WorkSource’s Returning Citizens Expo has been cancelled for today and will be rescheduled.
Currently, commercial and residential collections are on schedule.
More information will be communicated as available. For more information, contact the DeKalb County Watershed Department at 770-270-6243.