Due to the current public health emergency caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, DeKalb Parks has temporarily closed the Sugar Creek Golf and Tennis Center, the Porter Sanford III Performing Arts and Community Center, and playgrounds and fitness stations. All year-round recreation programming, rentals, group gatherings and organized athletic events have been suspended until further notice.
All parks and trails will remain open to the public and patrons are encouraged to practice social distancing protocols for the safety of DeKalb’s communities.
All DeKalb County recreation centers will remain open as a resource for students to pick up snacks from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the following locations:
- Gresham Recreation Center, 3113 Gresham Road, Atlanta, GA 30316
- Exchange Intergenerational Recreation Center, 2771 Columbia Drive, Decatur, GA 30034
- Redan Recreation Center, 1839 Phillips Rd., Lithonia, GA 30058
- Tobie Grant Recreation Center, 644 Parkdale Drive, Scottdale, GA 30079
- N.H. Scott Recreation Center, 2230 Tilson Road, Decatur, GA 30032
- Lucious Sanders Recreation Center, 2484 Bruce Street, Lithonia, GA 30058
- Mason Mill Recreation Center, 1340- B McConnell Drive, Decatur, GA 30033
- Hamilton Recreation Center, 3263 Chapel Street, Scottdale, GA 30079
- Midway Recreation Center, 3181 Midway Road, Decatur, GA 30032
For more information please contact, LaShanda Davis, public relations specialist, at (404) 710-6331.