The DeKalb County Emergency Management Agency (DEMA) encourages the community and all internal and external county partners to share the coronavirus (COVID-19) infection prevention steps recently published by the Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH) and the Governor’s Coronavirus Task Force.
Currently, there are no reported cases of coronavirus in DeKalb County.
Why share the infection prevention steps to stop the spread?
The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to the virus that causes COVID-19. The same measures urged to prevent the spread of any respiratory virus are increasingly important for all Georgians. See the attachment from DPH for detailed steps of prevention.
Who should share infection prevention steps to stop the spread?
- Public officials
- Public safety and risk management officers
- Training officers and educators
- Government/business employees
- Customer service representatives
- Business/civic leaders
- Housing associations and property management staff
- Nongovernmental organizations
- Religious organizations
- Citizen volunteers
How can you share infection prevention steps to stop the spread?
- Website, social media, email contacts
- Bulletins and announcement boards
- Training materials, school lesson plans and group presentations
- Customer service interactions
For more information about coronavirus, including links to resources by CDC and DPH, visit www.dekalbcountyga.gov/coronavirus.