The First Source Ordinance is a public regulation that requires contractors and beneficiaries to make a good faith effort to hire DeKalb residents for 50 percent of all jobs using the First Source Registry (candidate database).
WorkSource DeKalb (WSD) has a First Source Registry of qualified and trained DeKalb County residents. WSD can assist contractors and beneficiaries with choosing the right candidate using the First Source Registry to meet their company’s human capital needs.
Summary of Services
- Pre-screen applicants to ensure that potential employers receive only the most qualified candidates to interview.
- Advertise and conduct job fairs on site or at WorkSource DeKalb Offices.
- Market positions the contractors or beneficiaries have available and become the first line of contact between the hiring organization and the prospective employee.
- Provide computer access for current and future employees.
- Provide supportive services for new hires.
- In order to qualify for recruitment support, the hiring contrac tor or beneficiary needs to be a recipient of county revitalization grants and contracts of $50,000 or more with DeKalb County for purchase orders, construction projects, professional or consulting services.
What is First Source?
A public regulation that calls for qualified contractors and beneficiaries of DeKalb County to hire DeKalb County residents for at least 50 percent of all jobs using the First Source Registry.
Who is considered a Contractor?
An individual or entity entering into any type of agreement with the County, including purchase orders, regardless of what they may be called, for the procurement or disposal of supplies, services, construction, professional or consultant services, which is funded in whole or part with County funds or County administered funds in which the contractor is to receive $50,000 or more in County expenditures or committed expenditures.
Who is considered a Beneficiary?
A beneficiary is the immediate recipient of urban redevelopment action grants or community development block funds administered by the County. The term shall only apply to those entities benefiting from such County funds or administered funds in the amount of $50,000 or more.
What is the First Source Registry?
A candidate database, maintained by WorkSource DeKalb, of employable persons who are residents of the County to be called upon as a source to fill jobs created or maintained as a direct or indirect result of public funding.
What are the advantages of the First Source Ordinance?
- Pre-screen all applicants to ensure that only qualified candidates are selected to interview.
- Provide space for orientations, job fairs, interviews, and more.
- Advertise and administer job fairs at WorkSource DeKalb Offices or other locations.
- Provide computers for current or future employees.
- Access to qualified and trained applicants.
For more information contact the Business Solutions Services at WorkSource DeKalb at (404) 687-3400.