DeKalb County Pension Plan -
Hired 1/1/2016 or later
Employees who were hired January 1, 2016 or later receive a pension benefit as defined below.
Current employee contribution rate is 6.42%.
Benefits under this plan include:
- 1% of FAE * years of service (max of 30 years – 30%)
- Retire without penalty with 30 years of service regardless of age or at age 55 with 25 years of service
- Early retirement at age 55 with 10 years of service
- Early retirement reduction 3.25% per year
- Normal retirement at age 67 with 7 years of service.
- County contributes 3% of compensation per year to 401(a) Plan
For more information, please see our SPD