DeKalb County Fire Rescue Recruiting Unit
DeKalb County Fire Rescue has a dedicated recruiting unit to assist prospective candidates through the hiring process with the department. Recruitment serves as the point of contact to address any questions or concerns the candidate may have before and during the hiring process. The hiring process with DeKalb County Fire Rescue consist of the following steps:
- Initial Application
- Demonstration of Aptitude - Candidates can demonstrate aptitude by providing any of the following:
- Currently licensed by National Registry or State of Georgia Emergency Medical Technician - Basic (EMT-B) or above
- Completion of an Associates Degree or higher from an accredited college or university
- Submitting standardized test scores, taken within 36 months of application, that meet the minimum scores accepted by DeKalb County Fire Rescue (see below)
- SAT: Verbal/Critical Reading - 430 and Math - 400
- ACT: English - 17, Math - 17, and Reading - 15
- ASSET: Reading - 38, Writing - 38, and Math - 39
- COMPASS: Reading - 70, Writing - 38, Algebra or Pre-Algebra - 37
- ACCUPLACER: Reading Comprehension - 55, Sentence Skills - 60, and Arithmetic - 34
- Physical Agility Test (PAT) DeKalb County Fire Rescue Physical Agility Test Guide.pdf
- Oral Interview
- Background screening
- Medical Evaluation and Physical
Interested in becoming a Firefighter with DeKalb County Fire Rescue? Fill out our Job Interest Form and one of our recruiters will contact you personally to discuss a career with DeKalb County Fire Rescue.
Set up a Job Alert so you can be notified the next time we are accepting applications by visiting the DeKalb County Human Resources Website.
Inquiries and requests for further information can be sent to email@example.com or 678-406-7778.