District Health Director and CEO Dr. Sandra Valenciano
Dr. Valenciano serves as the District Health Director and Chief Executive Officer for DeKalb Health District, District 3-5, in Decatur, Georgia. She oversees public health services for over 760,000 residents in DeKalb County, where more than 130 languages are spoken. She is also an Adjunct Assistant Professor in the Department of Family and Preventive Medicine at the Emory University School of Medicine.
Every day, the DeKalb County Board of Health works to protect, promote, and improve the health and well-being of all DeKalb County residents. We envision a healthier DeKalb where all residents have equitable access to public health resources and live healthy lives. Services are available for children, adults, and seniors. This includes vision and hearing screenings, school and travel immunizations, and much more. For more information, visit dekalbhealth.net, connect on our social media platforms, or call us at 404-294-3700.
• 154,277 patient visits were conducted by DeKalb County Board of Health staff.
• 11,074 clients were served through the Women, Infants & Children (WIC) Program.
• 106,668 cases of notifiable disease were reported in DeKalb County.
• 90,040 COVID-19 vaccines were administered by the DeKalb County Board of Health.
• 13,409 birth certificates and 41,677 death certificates were processed.
• 4,404 body art/crafting, food service and swimming pool inspections were conducted.
• 471 body art/crafting, food service and swimming pool plan reviews were performed.
• 522 mosquito collection samples were submitted for West Nile Virus Testing
• 14,979 mosquitos were collected during trapping.