The “DeKalb First” LSBE Ordinance (Local Small Business Enterprise) was enacted on September 27, 2016 by the DeKalb County Board of Commissioners with the intention of providing earned revenue to local certified businesses through our competitive bid process. The success of local small businesses remains a permanent goal of the County; therefore some major changes were made to the Ordinance as listed:
- Requirements to provide more proof that an LSBE is qualified and experienced in their specified fields
- Increased gross receipts limits to match or exceed SBA’s (United States Small Business Administration) limits –
$35 Million: Construction
$5 Million: Professional Services
$3 Million: Commodity Suppliers
A mandatory LSBE meeting that all primes must attend to ensure that LSBE(s) have an opportunity to connect with the interested parties in all upcoming solicitations; held each Wednesday – 10:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. until 3:00 p.m in person at 4572 Memorial Drive, Decatur, Georgia 30032 - Main Conference Room - B or via video conferencing (located in the plaza on the east side of Memorial Drives I-285 bridge). Video conferencing is now available through Skype/Lync. Teleconferencing will remain available to ensure that all parties participating in the video conference can be clearly heard during the meeting time. Please make sure that you review the information on the Microsoft website to ensure all system requirements and any necessary apps are obtained prior to meeting dates. The established teleconference line will remain accessible to assist with any audio discrepancies that could occur due to microphone quality and/or data speed. Please utilize the link supplied on our webpages labeled "DeKalb First LSBE Video Meeting" for access. The teleconference can be access by dialing (770)414-2144 with the PIN #199812. In person attendance is encouraged if at all possible to begin the necessary dialog between Primes and LSBEs.
- •Creation of a LSBE Review Panel that consists of the COO, P&C Director and User Department Director that is authorized to waive, decrease or increase the 20% benchmark and approve or disapprove LSBE(s) to be substituted on contracts.
- •Establishment of a Purchasing Policy revision that shall deem non-responsive all primes that do not meet the established LSBE participation benchmark or demonstrate a documented “Good Faith Effort” (GFE).
- •All projects valued over $5,000,000.00 are required to be performed by entities who have engaged in a mentor-protégé partnership.
DeKalb County Government is committed to ensuring that small businesses have adequate opportunities to succeed. Experience Procurement Guidance, Network, Engage and Connect with County User Department Representatives to market your products and services.