Key Dates for Absentee Ballots
March 7: First day to submit an absentee application
May 13: Last day to submit an absentee application
May 24: Election Day (Last day for us to receive your absentee ballot by 7pm)
Applying for an Absentee Ballot
Download an Absentee Ballot Application
Important information: The law on absentee ballots has changed. You may only use the official application above to request an absentee ballot. Read the application carefully. You are now required to provide either a Georgia Driver's License or Georgia ID Card number or a copy of another form of ID. If you do not have an acceptable ID, you can get one free of charge from our office or the Department of Driver Services. Click here for more information about Georgia's ID requirements.
Return your application by:
|MAIL:||Voter Registration & Elections
4380 Memorial Drive, Suite 300
Decatur, GA 30032-1239
Returning Your Absentee Ballot
Instructions for Marking and Returning an Absentee Ballot
We must receive your ballot by 7 pm on election day. We urge voters to mail their ballots back at least a week before election day. For more information about absentee ballots, visit the Secretary of State's page.
Board of Registrars
4380 Memorial Drive
Decatur, GA 30032
Briarwood Recreation Center
2235 Briarwood Way NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
5339 Chamblee Dunwoody Road
Dunwoody, GA 30338
DeKalb Voter Registration & Elections Office
4380 Memorial Drive Ste. 300
Decatur, GA 30032
New Birth Missionary Baptist Church
6400 Woodrow Rd
Stonecrest, GA 30038
Gallery at South DeKalb Mall
2801 Candler Rd
Decatur, GA 30034
Tucker-Reid H. Cofer Library
5234 Lavista Road
Tucker, GA 30084
After the close of advance voting, you can still deliver your ballot by hand to the front desk of the Voter Registration and Elections Office during our business hours, weekdays 8 am - 4:30 pm; or until 7 pm on election day.
Changed your mind and want to vote in person? No problem. As long as you have not returned your absentee ballot, you can go to your polling location and vote in person instead. If possible, bring your absentee ballot with you.
Checking the Status of Your Absentee Ballot
You can track your ballot through the mail using this form. Contact our office if you have not received your ballot 10 days after it was issued, or if your ballot has not been accepted 10 days after you returned it to us.
If you are having trouble with this form, you can try the My Voter Page instead. The My Voter Page can tell you when we have issued your ballot and received it back, but it does not contain mail tracking information. There are detailed instructions on using the My Voter Page here.
Absentee Ballot Status
What Does My Ballot Status Mean?
If your search results say...
- Application Accepted: We have accepted your application and we are preparing to issue your ballot.
- Ballot Mailed: Your ballot has been mailed. If the post office has scanned your ballot, you will see updates as it is being delivered. If you do not see any scan dates, that is not necessarily a problem. In some cases the USPS will hand sort envelopes and deliver them without scanning. Contact our office if you have not received your ballot ten days after it was issued. Keep in mind that mail tracking information only appears when we mail your ballot to you, not when you mail it back to us.
- Ballot Accepted: We have received your ballot and it will be counted.
- Ballot Rejected: There was a problem with your ballot. If you forgot to sign or provide identification, it is still possible to get your ballot counted. We will be mailing you instructions, or you can contact us to find out more.
- Ballot is Provisional: There was a problem with your application. We have mailed you a ballot, but we have also sent you instructions on how to fix your application. Be sure to follow those instructions in order for your ballot to be counted.
Contact us if you have any questions about the status of your application or your ballot.
Military and Overseas Voting
For more information about military or overseas voting, contact Deborah Christian:
Contact our office weekdays from 8 am to 4:30 pm.