To register to vote you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a legal resident of the county
- Be at least 17 1/2 years of age to register and 18 years of age to vote
- Not be serving a sentence for conviction of a felony
- Not have been found mentally incompetent by a judge
In order to vote, you must have registered at least 30 days before election day.
How to Register
There are several ways to register to vote or update your registration:
- If you have a Georgia Driver's License or State ID Card, you can register online.
- You can choose to register when you renew or apply for your driver's license at Department of Driver Services.
- If you are registered in DeKalb County and changing your address within the county, you can fill out the back of your precinct card.
- You can download a voter registration form.
- You can come to our office, a public library, public assistance office, recruitment office, school, or other government offices for a registration form.
- College students can obtain Georgia voter registration forms, or the necessary forms to register in any state in the U.S., from their school registrar's office or from the office of the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
Return applications by:
|MAIL:||Voter Registration & Elections
4380 Memorial Dr, Suite 300
Decatur, GA 30032-1239
Check Your Registration
Please allow 3 to 4 weeks for your application to be processed. To check your registration, go to the My Voter Page.