April 2022 is National County Government Month! Under the leadership of National Association of Counties (NACo) President and DeKalb County District 3 Commissioner Larry Johnson, the theme for this year’s celebration of NCGM is “Counties T.H.R.I.V.E,” demonstrating how counties help to improve people’s lives every day, especially for local government workers on the front lines of the coronavirus pandemic.
Under Counties T.H.R.I.V.E, we are focusing on six areas that fortify what we do and allow us to best serve our residents:
- Technology – equipping counties to expand broadband access to ensure all residents can learn, do business and communicate effectively
- Health – improving our overall health and well-being
- Readiness – preparing the county workforce to gain the skills they need
- Infrastructure – strengthening resilience and the backbone of our communities
- Vulnerable communities – advancing equity, strengthening the safety net and ensuring that our residents have the help they need
- Economic opportunities – creating conditions for all of us to compete in the 21st century economy.
Click on the sublinks to view examples of how DeKalb County's departments continue to propel the County to THRIVE.