DeKalb County Beautification Unit
* CODE ENFORCEMENT * KEEP DEKALB BEAUTIFUL * ROADSIDE ENHANCEMENT* *CLEAN COMMUNITIES CREW *FORECLOSURE AND VACANT REGISTRY*
Code Enforcement General Information
Code Officers enforce codes/ordinances related to property maintenance, zoning, planning, special land use, signs and permits. Code works closely with the Fire Marshal and Police Services
- The Bureau of Code Compliance is responsible for the inspection and enforcement of residential and commercial properties that violate the DeKalb County Code of Ordinances.
- DeKalb County uses a criminal process and a civil process so that individuals no longer have to just be personally served. This has led to higher rate of convictions.
Properties are inspected for violations such as:
- unregistered & unlicensed motor vehicles
- high weeds & grass
- decayed/damaged leaking roofs,
- open storage of trash & debris
- broken window glass; flaking/peeling paint,
- units not supplied with water or adequate heat,
- rodent infestation or unsanitary conditions,
- overgrown, littered vacant lots,
- junk/inoperable vehicles,
- electrical hazards,
- vacant & unsecured structures,
- dangerous, uninhabitable & unfit buildings, and
- various other deficiencies which render properties substandard, or unsafe to its occupants or the general public.
For a complete ription of DeKalb County codes, please visit www.municode.com.