Low Income Medicaid (LIM) pays for medical care required by both adults and children. Generally, the requirements for this program follow Temporary Assistance for Needy Family (TANF) rules and income limits. There is no work requirement for this program.
- Single heads of households as well as two parent households may qualify.
- Income limits are based on the State's (TANF) income guidelines.
- Applicants can choose to receive LIM without applying for and/or receiving (TANF) benefits · Children up to age 18 are potentially eligible.
- Must meet income, resource and deprivation guidelines
- Must be a citizen of the U.S. or a qualified alien
- Must be a resident of Georgia
Other Medicaid programs
provides coverage of income eligible pregnant women and children.
Work Transitional Medicaid
provides coverage for the 12 month period following closure of(TANF) due to employment.
provides coverage 12 months following the end of the Work.