As defined by the Older Americans Actof 1965
- Multipurpose Facilities – Lou Walker Senior Center
- Population Demographics - Typically more active seniors
- A multipurpose facility is a focal point in the community that provides health, social, nutritional, education services, and therapeutic activities for older persons to promote physical and mental health.
- Senior Centers – Office of Senior Affairs
- Population Demographics - Semi-Active Seniors (nutritional risk)
- Neighborhood senior centers are nutrition sites that provide programming that consists of a congregate meal program and other group supportive programs to assists with activities of daily living.