Based on the Modified Consent Decree (MCD) entered by the Honorable Steven D. Grimberg (United States District Judge) on 9/22/2021 and the 9/23/2021 communication from EPA/EPD directing the use of the new dynamic model, all capacity requests must follow the terms outlined in the Capacity Assurance Program under the MCD.
Do you need a Capacity Evaluation?
Post-Construction/permitted activities that require a capacity evaluation include:
- New buildings, even if they are replacing demolished buildings (including single-family homes)
- Commercial building additions (adding square footage)
- Change in the use of commercial space.
- Commercial building permits where plumbing work is being done
- Anytime sewer lines or sewer laterals are installed
- Anytime additional flow in the sewers is anticipated.
You can request capacity evaluations by filling out the Sewer Capacity Request.
If you have any questions or concerns, email email@example.com
Take a look at how the Capacity Credits Policy works for Developers like you.
Capacity Evaluation Timeline
- 2-3 months for a full capacity evaluation after submission of a COMPLETED SCR.
- 2 weeks for a "zero flow" confirmation letter after submission of a COMPLETED SCR.
- An additional month if a 'Sewer Action Plan' is required beyond the 2-3 months for a full evaluation.