DeKalb County Department of Watershed Management provides meters for temporary services, such as those used by contractors in the construction business. Meters are available for both short and long-term usage.
Contracts and Applications
Persons desiring to establish a temporary water source must apply for a Fire Hydrant Meter Rental.
Fire Hydrant Meter Rental Application
Commercial & Residential Checklist for Hydrant Meter Rental
Rates and Fees
- A deposit of $600.00 is required at the time of rental.
- Long-Term Rentals security deposit will be processed the day of rental.
- Short-Term Rentals will be held if returned within three (3) business days.
- Renters shall be charged a usage fee of $8.08 per 1,000 gallons of water.
- Renters will be charged a monthly surcharge of $28.00.
- A charge of $40.00 will be deducted for unreturned or lost keys.
- For long-term rentals, the initial security deposit will be held until the meter is returned.
- Short-Term Rentals security deposit will be held if returned in (3) business days.
- A representative will contact you within 3 business days to schedule the delivery and installation time.
***Short-Term Rentals security deposit will be held if returned in (3) business days.
***A representative will contact you within 3 business days to schedule a delivery and installation time.
A representative will reach out to you within three business days for:
- Long-term rentals – arrange customer pick up of the hydrant meter.
- Short-term rentals – arrange a delivery and installation time of the hydrant meter.