The Park and Recreation Departmental staff provides quality services for your picnic and leisure outing needs. Please take the time to read the Park Rules and Guidelines before completing and submitting the form provided below. We require at least 15 days notice of your planned event in order to process your request. Thanks for your interest in our DeKalb County parks and please keep us in mind when planning your future leisure outings.
• Small pavilions are $100.00 to reserve and accommodate up to 50
• Large pavilions are $150.00 to reserve and accommodate up to 100
• Out-of-county residents must add $30 to the listed prices.
• Play Kit Reservation fee is $25.00. (WORD) (PDF)
Pavilions that are available to reserve:
Pavilion reservations can be made year round online, via phone at (404) 371-2902 or email.
Name of Park / # of Pavilions available
- Exchange Park / 1 large pavilion
- Flat Shoals Park / 1 small pavilion
- Lithonia Park / 1 large pavilion
- Mason Mill Park / 1 large pavilion, 1 small pavilion
- N.H. Scott Park / 1 large pavilion
- Salem Park / 1 large pavilion
- Shoal Creek II Park / 2 small pavilions
- W. D. Thompson Park / 1 small pavilion
- Wade Walker Park / 1 large, 4 small pavilions
Rules and General Guidelines
- DeKalb County Park Rules and Ordinances
- DeKalb County parks with pavilion(s) are available on a first come, first serve basis. A pavilion reservation (permit) entitles the permit holder to exclusive use of the pavilion for those dates and time indicated on the permit.
- Pavilion (may be reserved by anyone twenty-one years of age or older. Reservations can be made online, or by calling Sylvia Williams at (404) 371-2902 or send an email.
- All reserving parties are limited to one reservation per month, per shelter. Reservation requests will be handled in the order that they are received.
- Once the reserving party makes the selection, the site will be (tentatively) scheduled.
- Payment is due 2 weeks from the submission of the application.
- The Reservation Agreement and all applicable documents must be returned along with payment to the Park and Recreation Department by the specified due date in order to guarantee the reservation.
- The reservation will be cancelled if the reservation application and agreement documents along with the fees are not received by the specified due date.
- Applicants may not advertise the event on the radio or with fliers.
- Alcohol is prohibited unless a police officer has been secured through the Park Security Coordinator.
- Selling and or charging admission is prohibited at a County park.
- Electrical service may NOT be available at all shelter location.
- Restrooms are only available at Exchange, Flat Shoals, Mason Mill and Wade Walker Park.
- APPLICANT MUST NOTIFY THE RECREATION, PARKS & CULTURAL AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT IN WRITING OR BY EMAIL TEN (10) DAYS PRIOR TO THE SCHEDULED RESERVATION DATE IN ORDER TO RECEIVE A REFUND.