1. The DeKalb County Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Affairs will hold a virtual groundbreaking ceremony for a new playground, parking lot and landscaping at Pendergrast Park, 1996 Chrysler Dr NE, Atlanta, GA 30345, on Friday, Dec. 4, at 11:00 a.m. The public is invited to join park staff and county officials via Facebook Live on the Parks Facebook page by visiting www.facebook.com/dekalbrpca to view a live stream of the ceremony.
2. A section of the S. River Trail will be closed now until Dec. 8 due to pipeline maintenance. In order to prevent any accidents, the trail will remain shut down during construction.
3. DeKalb County announces Arts and Culture Relief Grant, funded by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, to support professional artists who have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.Online applications are available on the following websites of Callanwolde Fine Arts Center (www.callanwolde.org) and Spruill Center for the Arts (www.spruillarts.org).
Please click below for the application.
For more information, contact one of the following:
- Alan Mothner, 770-394-3447, ext. 233, email@example.com
- Andrew Keenan, (404) 872-5338, firstname.lastname@example.org
4. All recreation centers will remain as resource for students to pick up nutritional lunches during the fall until children return to school. Meals will be provided from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the following locations:
- Gresham Recreation Center, 3113 Gresham Road, Atlanta, GA 30316
- Exchange Intergenerational Recreation Center, 2771 Columbia Drive, Decatur, GA 30034
- Redan Recreation Center, 1839 Phillips Rd., Lithonia, GA 30058
- Tobie Grant Recreation Center, 644 Parkdale Drive, Scottdale, GA 30079
- N.H. Scott Recreation Center, 2230 Tilson Road, Decatur, GA 30032
- Lucious Sanders Recreation Center, 2484 Bruce Street, Lithonia, GA 30058
- Mason Mill Recreation Center, 1340-B McConnell Drive, Decatur, GA 30033
- Hamilton Recreation Center, 3263 Chapel Street, Scottdale, GA 30079
- Midway Recreation Center, 3181 Midway Road, Decatur, GA 30032
- Barker Byrant Lake will be lowered on Monday, October 23, 2020 due to construction.
- Please click link below to review notes for master plan for property at 1227 Rowland Road, Stone Mountain, GA 30083.
Monthly Dose of Tips to Stay Healthy !!!
What are the benefits of healthy eating?
Converting to a healthy diet can be difficult. Nevertheless, dedicating yourself to healthy eating is not only essential to improved health and promote weight loss, but also prevent you from spending money on future health costs.
It’s important to avoid consuming foods which are high in added sugar, sodium and saturated fat, such as fast food, processed snacks and soda. However, it may be a challenge to completely cut these foods from your diet entirely.
The following are seven benefits of a healthy diet in order to help you obtain and sustain motivation: